Today’s home buyers – especially parents of children under 18 – want smart technology in their home. And according to a recent Coldwell Banker/CNET survey, are willing pay more for a home with the technology already installed.
A home security system is the foundation of the smart home, which makes this technology more affordable than ever before.
The August 2015 survey of consumers revealed:
- 81% of respondents would be more likely to buy a home if smart technology was already installed
- 59% of parents with children under 18 at home say they would be willing to pay more for a home with smart home technology installed
Coldwell Banker surveyed its sales agents in March 2015 and found similar results:
- 33% noted that homes with smart home features and technology sell faster than homes without them
- 64% agreed that buyers today are more interested in homes with smart home features and technology than they were two to five years ago
- 57% said Gen X (age 35-49) is the top buying group interested in smart home technology
Once you have a QEI Security & Technology wireless system, you can add home automation for no extra cost. Imagine receiving a text message if you’ve driven a mile from your home and the garage door is still open. Or, imagine arming your security system later than 9 p.m. and your front door automatically locks and the porch lights turn out. This is possible with a wireless security system from QEI Security & Technology.